New For Sale Pattern: Grey Skies Handwarmers
We’re delighted to announce the release of a new for sale pattern by Courtney called the Grey Skies Handwarmers knit out of Canopy Worsted in River Dolphin. We have had a beautifully warm fall (except for that fluke snowstorm there a few weeks back), but the early (dark!) mornings and late (and even darker!) evenings require an additional layer of warmth on our hands, heads and feet.
Enter the Grey skies Handwarmers, perfect for all your morning dog walking, evening errands, and daytime leaf raking needs! Courtney designed these hand warmers to be a functional and beautiful accessory, and the smaller design is ideal for perfecting the multitude of techniques – cables and bobbles and embroidery, to name a few – that the design has to offer.
The handwarmers begin with a twisted rib, knit on slightly smaller needles than we typically recommend, for a dense and firm ribbing. The top of the hand is worked in an intricate twisted cable and bobble pattern, while the palm and thumb gusset are knit in stockinette.
Finished with a twisted rib and then embellished with embroidery, the end result is a durable, practical and warm accessory perfect for this time of year.
• Yarn: Handwarmers: Canopy Worsted in River Dolphin, 2 skeins. Embroidery: Canopy Fingering in Chiclet Tree, Plum + Sarsparilla, appx 10 yds. each.
• Size: To fit average adult woman’s hand. 7” circ. unstretched.
• Needles: 1 set US 3 (3.25mm) dpns + 1 set Size US 4 (3.75mm) dpns.
• Notions: stitch markers, tapestry needle.
• Gauge: 21 sts and 32 rounds = 4” in st st.
For more info and to purchase the pattern, click here!